POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 09:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 26 Jan 1999 18:51:45
Message: <36ae5511.0@news.povray.org>
Johannes Hubert wrote in message <36adbd1f.0@news.povray.org>...
>I like the image, but I wonder about two things:
>
>The lighthouse seems to be leaning a little bit to the right. Is that how
it
>should be? Or is it my monitor? Or my eyes??

I think its the perspective. I thought I saw that as well, but figured it
was just me. Now that at least one other person has seen it, I'll pay more
attention to it.

>Also, the light-cone gets brighter with more distance from the tower.
>Intuition would say it should be the other way round, but that may be
>totally wrong when physics are asked. What should it be?

I think it should be fading with distance, but with the media I have
declared, it seems that the more media is shown by the light, the brighter
everything looks. So as the spotlight gets wider, it looks brighter. Right
now I only have scattering declared, I'll try adding some absorption and see
if that makes it better.

Thanks again for the input,
Darcy
djo### [at] inamecomNOSPAM